HRFM is experienced in all aspects of copyright registration, protection, transactions, enforcement and defense. We also counsel clients regarding the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which pertains to the creation, distribution and use of content on the internet.
The firm helps client navigate the registration process before the U.S. Copyright Office, including the preparation and filing of applications and successfully requesting reconsideration of first and second refusals to register. HRFM provides counseling regarding copyright ownership, work-for-hire agreements, independent contractors, licensing and enforcement, and has experience in copyright infringement litigation, trials and appeals throughout the country. We assist clients with the DMCA agent registration process, website terms and conditions, and DMCA notices and take downs.
HRFM has copyright experience in a variety of areas, including:
- Websites and Social Media;
- Computer Software
- Video Games
- Music and Movies
- Lighting and Fashion Design
- Graphical and Sculptural Artwork
- Architectural Works
- Copyrights and Estate Planning Considerations
- Press Release - HRFM Makes List of Top Patent Firms
- Albany Business Review - Nick Mesiti from HRFM - They're No. 1 - and here's what they have to say
- The United States Copyright Office has Adopted a New Regulation Effective December 1, 2016
- Press Release - Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti Announces that the American Inn of Court has been Awarded Designation of a Platinum Inn of Excellence