HRFM is nationally recognized as experts in the area of Design law. Members of the firm’s Design group are highly experienced in evaluating products, patterns, packaging, graphic user interface (to name a few) and have extensive experience in obtaining various forms of protections and/or registrations. If design plays an integral part in your company’s product or value, we can assist with a comprehensive design protection strategy.
National publications frequently call us for comment on relevant cases and the state of Design law, in order to educate the industry and the public on the subject. In addition, our Design attorneys are frequently asked to speak or write on Design law by members of the profession and industry specialists. Frequently hired because of our extensive knowledge and breadth of experience in this area of law, our clients are located nationwide and span many industries.
Without question, we are known best for our involvement in a number of landmark design cases. However, our expertise covers areas involving patent, trademark and trade dress, copyright, defenses, litigations, licensing, anti-knock off agreements and confidential disclosures.
Design Areas of Practice:
- Design Patents
- Trademark and Trade Dress Registrations
- Design Around Services
- Design Development Agreements
- Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement
- Designer/ Manufacturer Agreements
- Design Searches
- Expert Witness Services
- Tutorials to Trade Associations and Board on Design Law Issues
- Press Release - HRFM Makes List of Top Patent Firms
- News Alert: Supreme Court Issues Key Decision Regarding Copyrightability of Design Features of Useful Articles
- Albany Business Review - Nick Mesiti from HRFM - They're No. 1 - and here's what they have to say
- Press Release - Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti Announces that the American Inn of Court has been Awarded Designation of a Platinum Inn of Excellence
- Press Release - Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti P.C. is on the list of Top Patent Firms for 2015