Our chemical practice group has experience in all areas of chemical IP practice and we have a special strength in the area of pharmaceuticals. We regularly draft and prosecute patent applications and prepare opinions concerning patentability, validity, non-infringement, infringement, and enforceability. We have significant experience developing and maintaining large intellectual property portfolios for our clients. Our clients have often benefited from our involvement early on in the idea formation process where we have begun with initial concepts and, based on these initial concepts, directed searches, conducted landscape analysis, and identified patentable subject matter to provide direction and focus for research.
Our experience also includes obtaining patent term extensions and assisting our clients with other issues relating to the Hatch-Waxman Act. We conduct due diligence investigations and prepare reports, file reexaminations and reissues, handle interferences, draft license agreements, and provide litigation support.
Our scientific expertise encompasses most areas of chemistry and most of our practitioners have advanced degrees in chemistry. We have significant experience with the following technical areas.
- small molecule therapeutics
- chemical processes
- pharmaceutical formulations and delivery systems
- combinatorial chemistry
- semiconductor fabrication
- carbon-based nanostructures
- Press Release - HRFM Makes List of Top Patent Firms
- Albany Business Review - Nick Mesiti from HRFM - They're No. 1 - and here's what they have to say
- Press Release - Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti Announces that the American Inn of Court has been Awarded Designation of a Platinum Inn of Excellence
- Press Release - Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti P.C. is on the list of Top Patent Firms for 2015