HRFM’s Chemical practice group has experience in diverse areas of chemical IP practice, with a special strength in pharmaceuticals. We regularly draft and prosecute patent applications and prepare opinions concerning patentability, validity, infringement, and enforceability for our clients, and have significant experience developing and maintaining large intellectual property portfolios. Our clients have often benefited from our involvement early on in the idea formation process where, beginning with initial concepts, we have directed searches, conducted landscape analyses, and identified patentable subject matter to provide direction and focus for further research.
Our experience also includes assisting clients in obtaining patent term extensions and with other issues relating to the Hatch-Waxman Act. We conduct IP due diligence investigations, file reexaminations and reissues, handle interferences, draft license agreements, and provide litigation support.
Most of our practitioners have advanced degrees in chemistry, and our broad scientific expertise includes the following areas:
- small molecule therapeutics
- polymer chemistry
- chemical processes
- pharmaceutical formulations and delivery systems
- combinatorial chemistry
- semiconductor fabrication
- carbon-based nanostructures
- Press Release - HRFM Makes List of Top Patent Firms
- Press Release - Partner at HRFM is Elected to the NYSBA Executive Committee
- Albany Business Review - Nick Mesiti from HRFM - They're No. 1 - and here's what they have to say
- Press Release - Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti Announces that the American Inn of Court has been Awarded Designation of a Platinum Inn of Excellence
- Press Release - Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti P.C. is on the list of Top Patent Firms for 2015